When your family purchases an RMD not only do you get yourself a quality doberman with a great temperment. You also get a lifetime admission to one of the coolest Doberman communities, which is a requirement by contract to stay connected as family.
Here is you will find information on what you will need to do and get before your puppy comes home.
1. a Certified trainer picked out so you can complete basic obedience/ puppy manners and socializing . Most kennel clubs in Canada have a puppy obedience and basic manners class, these places also offer conformation lessons, CKC obedience and Agility courses and the CGN test.
2. A crate we use the large wire ones, that come with the divider so puppies can grow into them.
3. We always leave our name on the puppies emergency contact list in case she/he ever got lost or stolen, however let your emergency contact know that you have used them for your puppies microchip emergency contact just in case.
4. Do not use training pads in the crate or at the door, this is encouraging for them to go inside.
5. Best dog bed best for the quality/price are the beds by Kirkland at Costco. $36.99 compared to $79.99 at Petsmart.
6. Food - as you may have guessed already we highly recommend raw feeding, and hope you will do the same or at least educate yourself and consider it. If you must feed a kibble we only recommend brands such as Orijen / Acana, Fromm or Taste of the wild.
7. Puppy shampoo and a good hand held scrubber (Conair pro). Our favorite soap is Burt's Bees shampoos and conditioners.
8. Toys, our favorite toys to use are kongs, and smaller kongs filled with peanut butter for young puppies, they are virtually indestructible which makes them the safest. Natural bones such as Antlers and beef bones are best. Soft or hard plastic, tennis balls, ropes, stuffed toys, bite tugs are all great as well but only with supervision.
9. We use stainless steel bowls for all our feedings, as they are easier to clean and help resist bacteria.
Low quality ceramic bowls have been know to cause lead poisoning. Switching to stainless steel bowls can also stop and help dogs who have chin acne.
10. Our puppies come with a Complimentary Cotton Crazy Rebels® puppy id collar.
We highly recommend from Crazy Rebels® for a great start to training your puppy.
- Soft Leather Leash
- Id tag, with phone number, name etc...
- Martingale Custom leather training collar, you will need to email them for this as it would be custom. However it can be made with any color leather and hardware color of your choice.
- Next size up cotton collar to match your puppy ID collar, as they are excellent for everyday use as well.
- Cotton fabrics are easy to clean with regular colored laundry.
- Purchase of an RM Doberman receives a 10% discount on goods purchased from Crazy Rebels